Hot off the press: I designed the latest edition of No Depression
August 26, 2016
Despite the loss of Prince, it’s been a great year. A new house, a strong marriage with the most intelligent woman in the world, the TEDx news, and … this.
BUT WHAT’S NEXT?
I’m designing the national music magazine No Depression. No Depression has a rich history of in-depth stories about roots music. As a graphic designer in Charleston, SC, it’s always been a dream to design for a national client. Fittingly, the first issue I designed is about artists speaking up on social justice. In this issue, you’ll find:
* A sexy design. 144 pages.
* An interview with Ani DiFranco about her refusal to play in North Carolina because of the bathroom bill
* An interview with John Prine
* The history of the song “We Shall Overcome”
* A story about the influence of the Weavers.
* A personal essay by Amy Ray, of the Indigo Girls
* Did I mention a sexy design?
ORDER A COPY OF MY FIRST ISSUE
GET A SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE YEAR